Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Beginnings...

Beginnings are an odd thing. I guess it is because it can be so much to think about, to get bogged (blogged?) down in. So, in I jump!

I have contemplated having a blog for some time now, but didn't really have a suitable reason to start one. Now, I do. So, this is where I will rant, rave, muse, giggle, and share (probably more than anyone else would enjoy!).

I just got home from meeting a good friend for a walk. Our kids played (in our watchful and paranoid view) while we huffed and hiked around a huge parking lot. It's not glamorous, but it worked! We walked until my incredible, hacking cough made me stop. After battling bronchitis off and on now, it sounds like if only I could get rid of these annoying hairballs, I would be healthy! Fortunately, my friends have a sense of humor.

This chick and I are the sole members (currently) of the "3-Day Supporters" a walking team in training for the 3 day (60 mile) walk to raise money for Breast Cancer Research. It's a pretty ambitious goal for me to attempt in my current couch potato state, but a worthwhile goal as well. We've got until October 12th (4 days after I turn 40) to be prepared to kick asphalt! Right now, there is no such thing as too much training! Coughing, yes. Training, no.

No comments: