Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Another day!

Good news! I got a new donation to my fundraising account from Doris McGlone. In addition to the generous support of my parents and Jan Marshall, I think I am up and running.

My bronchitis flared up after Dad's little cardiac episode and I hadn't been able to work out very well. I tried, but I would only be able to go a little way until I started coughing and couldn't stop. Ugh! The other day, I went walking with my friend and teammate Misty and could only go a mile before it sounded like I was working up a horrendous hairball!

But, I figured out that if I take a nebulizer treatment of albuterol (one good thing about having an asthmatic kiddo is that you have all the equipment on hand), I could go a bit farther on the elliptical trainer. Now, I am back to 30 minutes, but only once a day. But, I can sure feel it in my legs and fanny when I am done, so it's likely to be doing something positive.

John and Granny even walked with me yesterday for a mile. Pretty good for all of us--exceptional for John. It's taking a lot to build up his stamina.

Tomorrow, if the wonderful weather holds, I will try to take the kids and walk with Misty again after school. Now that I have a portable nebulizer (so I can quit coming home so Ethan can use our old-fashioned nebulizer during the school day), I can take it with me in a fanny pack so I can even have a treatment en route! Ha! I may outsmart this bronchitis thing yet. Plus, I feel so much better after every workout. Maybe I can burn it out of my lungs.

So, life is good.

No comments: