Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A crazy couple of weeks!

Hmmm. Where to start...

Okay, last Monday, all was well in the world (okay, it was a royally crappy day, but I could deal with it, kind of) until I got a phone call at work that my Dad had come to the school to pick up my oldest son, John. While here, he started having severe chest pains...

So, off we go to the local hospital emergency room with Dad fussing and complaining all the way there. I did have the presence of mind to call ahead through the EMS so that they were waiting on him.

Long story short. Dad had a heart attack, but thankfully very little real damage associated with it. He got transfered to Piedmont Hospital in Atlanta (a top-notch, but truly psychotically designed facility) and got a heart catheterization, lots of Plavix, and 2 stents in the front artery of his heart. It's like a miracle. Cardiac procedures have changed so much as the technology has improved that he didn't have to have his chest "cracked" at all. Now his complexion is all pink and nice. We hadn't realized that he had gotten so pale until he "pinked up."

Now he's home and fussy. He hates not being independent and totally in control of life (guess that's where I got it from). He is having to behave (unlike when I had to drive him and Mom home from the hospital and he ESCAPED at Kaiser medical center!), eat right, and lose weight. I think this was a major wake up call for him. All I know is that my prayers have been answered and he is fine. Whew!

No comments: