Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Inching toward $500.00

When I signed up for the 3-day walk for breast cancer in February, I was at an Orientation meeting. The instructor challenged us all to raise $500 in our first 60 days. Well, last weekend, I sat down and mailed out some fundraising letters. Already two generous souls that work with Eddie have donated. Donna Ray and Julian Mohr, Jr. have each donated $1 for each of the 60 miles that I will walk on event in October. That puts me up to $410 and getting, oh, so close to my initial goal. I am mailing in the checks tomorrow and it will be a couple of weeks or so before the money shows up on my website, but I wanted to publicly acknowledge them for their help and generosity.

I have had a minor setback. I developed an awful, itchy rash on my face and had to go to the doctor. I got a fanny full of steroids and some prescriptions. But, I can't work out until the rash goes away. It feels funny to be sitting at the computer at 8:39 pm, instead of riding the elliptical like there was no tomorrow. Ugh. Hopes it goes away fast. Other than the shot, none of it is too bad: new sunscreen, new cleanser, new moisturizer, no makeup for awhile. Oh well.

No comments: