Monday, September 7, 2009

Another frugal day

Okay, it's standard fare by now, but I gave the boys haircuts today. That's $10 per kid that we get to keep, so I am glad about that.

Hubby was (finally) able to fix the a/c on my truck. It has been mighty warm this summer without it and we have been pretty miserable in 98% humidity, but we didn't succumb to spending money that we don't have to put it in the shop.

After lots of piddling around with it and diagnostic nosing around, he determined that a $50 part would do the job and that he could put it in himself. I am glad about the cost of the part, because he initially thought it would take a $250 assembly and he didn't know if he could do it himself.

So, patience and perseverence paid off. I am almost sorry that I whined about it from time to time.

No comments: