Saturday, September 26, 2009

Whirlwind weeks

Since the Florida trip, we have been running around like crazy people. First we came back and had to get ready to go back to work. By Tuesday, DS11 was throwing up and DS12 had problems with the other end of his body. Then I did. We missed 3 days of school and I ended up getting tested for H1N1, but tested negative, thank goodness.

But, I was so dehydrated by the time they tried to draw blood for the test, my veins were collapsing and I had to be stuck 3 times. I was a mess by the end of it.

In the meantime, just as we were recovered, DS12 became DS13 and I had to pull my house together for a party. He has never asked for a party with kids coming over before and I wasn't about to tell him no. But, recovering from being sick and getting it all pulled together was a chore and a half!

But, the party went well and we have all stayed healthy since and I am so grateful for that part.

Life is messy, but good!

No comments: