Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

It's been a gorgeous day in Georgia, clear most of the day with one brief mid-day shower. There was a storm South of us during the fireworks tonight, but it didn't affect us.

It was cool and breezy and comfortable for the show (as opposed to the sticky, hot, buggy weather we have endured in previous years). It's always fun to listen to people's reactions (especially the kids) to the fireworks as the display progresses. I love the oooh's and aaah's and laughter. It's fun.

My parents and brother came over for a wonderful dinner (thanks to hubby's grill prowess) and then we met up for fireworks. It's one of the last times for the entire family to get together for awhile since my brother is moving to Orlando to go to school. It's tough on my parents, even though they have already gone through the empty nest thing when I moved out years ago. I think they worry more about him. I never moved so far away. I got married and stayed much closer.

So, in some respects, he is approaching his Independence Day as well. I know that he will do well and that it will be a larger adjustment for him than he realizes. It's grow up time.

And speaking of Independence Day, thank God we live in a free country where we can live and worship as we see fit.

No comments: