Sunday, November 25, 2007

Creative people!

On Thanksgiving evening, we went over to my Aunt and Uncle's house for desserts and a Christmas tree lighting ceremony (they have trees down their winding driveway that light up).

It was fun. The kids played and laughed and we sang Christmas carols. Good stuff.

One thing that really stood out to me was that my aunt did a fabulous job decorating with lots of good, shiny stuff. She put little Christmas lights in colored bottles of different shapes and grouped them together to make a festive display. Mostly made from throw away items. Some even had some little bottle drapes made of chain and beads. Very cute, very festive, very classy.

I laughed with hubby when I got home that if I did it, it would look like lights thrown in a bottle. When she does it, it looks like a million bucks. But, it's a good, frugal idea, only a different look from the one with the potpourri in it that I posted about before. If you want to see how it is made, check out my original blog post and look for the comments. Bev Qualheim (whose original pattern this is) put a link to the original location of the post on her blog. Love that!

No comments: