Monday, November 12, 2007

Gifts finished and unfinished as of yet...

This is my current project, a bed sized blanket or bedspread for my oldest son. It is made of deep, rich colors. At first, I was calling it jewelled tones, but they are really deeper than that. The center is the deepest green chenille yarn. The next row is cobalt blue, followed by a rich burgundy, and amethyst purple. Each row is separated by a soft, winter white row. The colors ran together without the separation row. It looks much better than in the picture.

Right now, it is about 35 inches by 45 inches. I am hoping that I can get it finished in time for Christmas, but I will also have to make one for my youngest son (Rabbit Boy, in the post below) also. So, I have my work cut out for me! But, my kiddos get excited when I have made them something, so it makes it all worth while!
This is the completed big, blue, blob. It is a blanket crocheted from a single (HUGE) granny square. It was simple to complete, if not time consuming. It's around 5.5 feet square. It is made up entirely of acrylic yarns in blue colors, ranging from very pale to navy.
This is a closeup of the center section of the quilt.

No comments: