Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mommies out there! I hope that everyone gets to enjoy a little love and appreciation today.

Our Mother's Day has been pretty low key so far. DS12 gave me a cute little craft project that he made me to hang in my room. It is lovely and I know that he has to work so very hard to create things, so it is extra special. He even made one for his Granny.

DS11 made his at school and it isn't quite ready to come home yet. I overheard something about a kiln, so I suspect it is a lovely clay project. I can't wait!

Hubby ordered me a sun hat (which I have desperately needed for my fair skinned self) that has an SPF 50 built into the weave of the fabric. That will get worn lots, as soon as it arrives! We have always laughed that "Vampira" can't get out into the sun very much as I will burn. Plus, with a history of malignant melanoma in my family, I am trying to be very vigilant with myself and the boys about preventing skin cancer.

Hubby did take me out to eat at the Grits Cafe in Forsyth, Georgia last night for a grown up meal and a little "us" time, which was a nice treat and probably more of a gift to me than he would even realize. We had worked so hard that day that it was a nice reprieve for us.

Today, we drug ourselves out of bed. DS11 was sounding raspy, so we gave him an albuterol treatment and went on to church. Right after communion, he started audibly wheezing so horribly, that I rushed him home for some Pulmacort (an anti-inflammatory treatment for asthma. We take it once per day, usually, but he can have it twice per day when his asthma is really acting up). Hubby and DS12 went to take Granny and Grandpa out to lunch and give gifts for her mother's day celebration. They will bring us back our lunch.

DS11 was upset that he ruined my Mother's Day. He doesn't realize that he really couldn't, that taking care of my family is what Mother's Day is about. I want him to be well. I want to take care of him. Plus, I am getting a little rest too. Not a bad deal!

No comments: