Saturday, July 31, 2010

A New Adventure

Well, after a summer of not being able to make the bills, the need to homeschool my children (one gifted; one mildly autistic)wins out over returning to my teaching gig. But, we still needed to get some money coming into the household for any "extras" or "fun" that we could even begin to imagine.

Not to mention that my sewing machine is dying and hubby has to work on it each and every time I try to sew for more than 10 minutes or so. Our couch has succumbed to the daily wear and tear (and general disrespect) that my two sons have generously heaped upon it. Add to that the porch and deck that never got built on our house when it was built 5 years ago, and the fact that I haven't had new eyeglasses in 5 years and am starting to have some vision issues. Oh, yeah, don't forget that I have lost 47 lbs. (as of this morning) and I don't have many clothes left that fit.

So, in a moment of pure serendipity, I stumbled across an incredible opportunity. I was invited to a Premier Designs Jewelry party. Needless to say, I am broke, so I made a minimal purchase of small, silver plated earrings. But, the more I looked at the jewelry, the more I was simply impressed with it. I scheduled a party to help my friend out, but eventually, I thought that I could be the Jewelry Lady.

Long story short, this company is amazing, debt free, and based on Biblical principals. So, now I am a Jewelry Lady. I am starting to schedule shows and my kick-off event is on August 14th! I am so excited! I have even been invited to have a booth at a craft show kind of venue. It is all so amazing!!!

If you are in Georgia and would like to know more information, let me know and I will get back with you!

2 comments:

Vic H. said...

That is a fantastic opportunity for you and your family! Congrats...

Jan Hatchett said...

Thanks! Let me know if you'd like a catalog. I can always do things by mail!