Thursday, July 15, 2010

Finally, a quilty (kind of) project!

The other day, when I took my Mom with me to The Gardener's Quilts in Jackson, I saw this really great purse on display. I checked it out carefully and came home and made my own version of it (sans pattern--can you believe it?).



Here is the interior of the bag. It has 4 pockets, 2 narrow pen/pencil slots, and a look of fabric to hook my keys on. Love it!



The fabric is Nautical and Nice by Sandy Gervais for Moda. I bought a jelly roll to participate in the Jelly Roll Quilt Along. Since my job and family life went haywire, I never did more than a wall hanging with the blocks, so I decided to use the rest in a way that I would enjoy every day.

Ooh! I just bought more Sandy Gervais fabric today! It's a Frolic Jelly Roll and I will be making birthday gifts out of it soon!

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

Love your purse Jan ~ Great job!!!
Looking forward to your post on Stash Manicure!