Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Fun!

Lately, we have been having some issues. It has been really hard as a family to deal with my lack of an income. Since I am home schooling this year, there is no income to look forard to. It's been a bit of a bummer as we adjust. I was deeply in need of some fun....

Yesterday, I took my Mom to the Gardener's Quilts in Jackson. For her birthday, she wanted to pick out materials to make a friend a quilt for her first grandbaby. So, I took her to their new location.

What a cute little store! It was brightly lit and well organized and Mrs. Jan, the owner, is always wonderful to see. Can't wait to go back when I can buy a bit for me.

They will be offerring a scrap quilting class soon which ultimately ends up with a star quilt. I am really excited because I know of someone who would just LOVE a quilt for Christmas.

They also had an adorable little purse on display, made from jelly roll strips. I really liked it and came home and sorted through jelly roll strips that I already have. I found some of Nautical and Nice by Sandy Gervais in red, white, and blue that fit the bill! I had originally purchased it to do a quilt along, but after doing a few blocks, I couldn't fit it in my schedule. So, instead of feeling really bad about it, I will make my blocks into an adorable wall hanging and use the rest of the strips for my purse. I am so excited!

Can't wait to finish and show pictures!

No comments: