Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Sinus Infections, Bronchitis, and Crud, oh my!

Well, happy 2008 to us! I went to the walk in hours at my doctor's office this morning (apparently, everyone else did as well) and after waiting for 2 hours total, I finally found out why I can't kick this cold and cough that I have been battling for over 2 weeks. I have a sinus infection that is working its way into my ears and "a touch" of bronchitis. Oh joy. At least I have some good antibiotics and massive narcotic cough syrup. When I took it last year, my students referred to it as "happy juice" because I was a little (ahem) loopy when I took it.

Since I had reported that my lungs were feeling really heavy when outside in the weather (it was a tropical 28 degrees at the time), the doctor feels that I may have developed a mild case of bronchitis induced asthma. Her orders were to go home, take medicine, go to bed, absolutely stay out of the cold air. Sounds simple, right?

Well, I was running an errand to Verizon while the pharmacy (who was slammed) filled my prescriptions when my Mom let me know that my oldest was running a fever. So much for doctor's orders. Off to the pediatrician we went. He has a sinus infection (the same one that he just finished antibiotics for last week) that didn't go away. So, he is on heavier duty antibiotics and a major decongestant.

At least we have a few more days out of school and we can rest up before we have to get back to the ol' routine. One bright spot in my week is that John's behavioral group will meet on Friday and since we won't be contagious anymore, I can go and see Kristin and her cutie pie daughter for coffee. When you're an Aspie Mom, this is as close to respite as it gets!

No comments: