Thursday, July 2, 2009

Stitches are out

The stitches are out! Yay! Although my foot looks suspiciously like a "franken-foot," I am so glad that the worst of it is over. It was really nasty looking when they first unwrapped it. What I mistook for a nasty tangle of stitches was actually scabbed over incision. Shockingly, I only had 3 stitches and they came out really easily.

After washing and scraping oodles of dead skin off of the franken-foot, it looked much better. Okay, I did paint my toenails out of sheer vanity--it's really the only vanity that I still cling to. Covering up the nasty toenails that bear the scars of numerous injuries and former fungus infections is a public service in my book.

I am still wearing a surgical boot in lieu of shoes, but as sensitive as my foot is, that is probably for the best. After swimming at a friend's pool yesterday, I can really feel all of my foot muscles waking up and complaining after being neglected for 3 weeks.

So, I am doing my little foot exercises. It's not all that bad, but it seems so weenie to do them and have it be such a big deal. And it FEELS like a very big deal to be doing such a small thing.

No comments: