Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Slowly limping along

After the quilt show, I was inspired to try a little hand quilting. A few years back, I went with my mom to a class to learn how to handquilt, so I have the basic know-how, just not the dexterity.

I enjoy the process and I can only hope that in time I will improve, but past experience has taught me that anything which involves manual dexterity may or not improve in time. Sometimes, my hands just reach the point that they have improved all that they can and then my progress stalls.
I will just have to wait and see what happens. But, I do find it relaxing to sit in front of the t.v. and put a few stitches in place.

Although, the thought has occurred to me that if I had machine quilted the piece, it would be completely finished and technically perfect by now. Sigh. It's a catch-22 for sure.

But, it is easy to get in a hurry when there are so many ideas floating around my head and at least one project ready to begin! Looks like a quilted Christmas to some degree. Definitely homemade in many respects, even if not always quilted.

So many ideas. Limited $ and time!

No comments: