Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Here is the photo!

My first Crazy Shortcut Quilt.


I have absolutely loved the process. I finished the whole thing (sans binding) in 6 days. Of course, it is completely machine stitched, but it turned out cute, despite the many imperfections. As soon as I apply the patchwork binding, it will amply cover my double bed and be a snuggly addition to cooler nights that are starting to arrive.

The book, Crazy Shortcut Quilts, is total eye candy. The photos are large and wonderful. The directions are clearly written and easy to follow. The quilts finish up quickly. I suspect that it could be a great way to use up complementary, but mismatched, stash fabrics for Project Linus quilts.

As a bonus, there are videos on YouTube that show how to perform many of the steps in the process. Between the book and the videos, it is practically foolproof. Love that.

The following photo is my first fusible applique quilt. I have shown this before, but this is a better photo. The "sticks" on the front are clothes pins that are holding the quilt onto a plastic hanger until I can get a proper hanger with clips. Anyway, it is based on a free project on About.com and it was a fun little project to complete. It would work for Christmas display also, but I have the dark reds, wines, and greens in my living room, so it could really be a year round thing as well. I will definitely do another one of these!

No comments: