Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Proud Mama

This has been a really tough year for me, both personally and professionally. I found myself making choices that I wasn't prepared to make, sometimes painful ones.

Monday, I resigned my job as high school teacher in order to make sure that my kid's needs are being better met (particularly DS13, my aspie). I am trusting that I am keeping my steps in accordance with God's plan, but it's hard to step out into the unknown.

I've been approached about a couple of other schools, but I don't think they can meet our needs, either. Besides, I don't know that I am ready to merge in with another high school as a staff member anyway.

Tonight, we went to our (former) school's Awards Program and got to see lots of kids and parents. It was good.

It was even better when DS12 won the Christian character award, highest GPA in his class, the Spanish award, "A" Honor Roll, and 1 silver and 6 gold awards for his grades!

DS13 won awards, too, but I don't know what they are yet because he didn't attend the program (on the advice of his doctor--we had some issues toward the end of the year).

I am so very proud of my boys as we step out in faith to see what the next chapter of our lives will be!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I would be a proud Mama too! They really do sound like sweet boys!