Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Honors Day at FCA

Well, Honors Day is always a good day. It's nice to get to publicly acknowledge those children who excel at academics and Godly behavior. As usual, I was a very proud mama yesterday as my own children were recognized for the elementary classes. My youngest even won the Christian Character award for the 3rd grade. He received other commendations, but that one really touches my heart. This is the second year in a row that he received it.

My oldest was on the honor roll and was thrilled to be recognized as well. Aspies and other autistic kids work so hard to handle all of the commotion of the school day as well as the social upheavals that all kids face--then they have to contend with the academics. So, overall, we couldn't be more blessed.

My brother, Nathan, received a Gold Medal for Art classes also.

It was a good day.

No comments: