Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Perils of Country Living

Okay, most days I absolutely love living out in the country. It's quiet, peaceful, tranquil. Today, I am ready to move into the heart of town.

Last night, while on a training walk in my parent's neighborhood (they live on a quiet cul-de-sac in the boondocks) I was bitten by a dog. I have walked this road since 1984 and have NEVER had a problem with dogs. Fortunately, the dog had all of her shots up to date.

My friend, Misty, got a laugh out of knowing that I had gotten bitten on the fanny (no less). I told her that I took one for the team. But, I am supposed to walk for 5 miles today and I can't figure out exactly how to handle that one or even where to go to walk now.

Many years ago, I was bitten by a friend's dog. His name was Happy, no less. This dog's name is Trixie. So, I have determined that dogs with perky names are evil.

No comments: