Monday, May 7, 2007

Senior Prank Day

Okay, it wouldn't be graduation season without it--the infamous Senior Prank. Up until this year, we had been oh, so fortunate that in our tiny, Christian school, the students didn't really have the nerve to do very much. So much for that.

I am now the proud owner of two (yes, two) chickens that have been dyed blue and silver on the wings to commemorate our school colors (royal blue, white, silver). All year long, at every opportunity, the kids (and I, their senior sponsor) have been called up in front of the school to do the chicken dance. The kids dubbed themselves the Chicken Class.

I guess the writing had been on the wall for some time.

Other teachers had it much worse (even though my classroom smells a bit like a barnyard). The math teacher's room had been turned into a reading lounge (with my books, shelves, etc.). The Science teacher got a room full of real toilets, toilet paper, saran wrap, and super bouncy balls (2,000 in all). The Bible teacher's room was a--shall we say--homage a' feminine hygiene products. So, all in all, I feel rather blessed.

God help us with what tomorrow could bring!

No comments: