Monday, May 7, 2007

The Prom Weekend is Over!

Two proms in one weekend is way too much! The Senior Prom on Saturday went off so wonderfully well that there was no possible way that the Middle School prom could compare.

This was a Hollywood Premiere Party for the Class of '007. It was too cool! Our art teacher did a fabulous job making us a marquis for the entrance, silhouettes of Paparazzi with cameras, an Oscar on the wall. It was truly magical. The kids enjoyed the show and although they were a little slow on the uptake with the top 10 list and the "Crammy" awards, they did seem to appreciate the whole shindig.

The middle schoolers had a good time, as well. But they are so much more immature than the high school kids and, hence, they were more destructive. It's aggravating to put that much into a truly special event and have kids grind food into the floors and break plastic cups into hundreds of clear shards to litter the floor.

Of course, the most fun was in kidding around with the other staff members. I have created a "pet name" for one of our students that comes from a misspelling of her name. I can't even say it without sounding like some demented pool boy. So, I milked it for all it was worth. Her parents played along, too.

Then our DJ really got me. He told me that he was going to check me for ticks. Ugh! Nobody told me that it was a dippy country song. Well, it certainly caught me off guard. So, now it is on for next year. I will get him!

No comments: