Monday, May 28, 2007

I am psyched!

Okay, the dog bite has slowed me down a bit. I haven't trained for a couple of days because of it. It has really bummed me out. On the good side, I went to the hardware store and made myself a stout walking stick, so at least I can stand more of a chance next time.

With the lack of working out this week, I wasn't expecting any real progress on the weight loss front. But, to my happy surprise this morning, I have officially lost 9.8 lbs since I started this new push. I guess it has been about 2 weeks. So, I am very, very excited!

My short term goal is to be under 200 for my anniversary. I was really afraid that it wasn't going to happen if I couldn't work out. Now, I have until June 12th and only need to lose 5.3 lbs to make my goal! So, I am excited! It's stupid, but I have never had any success in reaching weight loss goals--EVER. For the first time, I feel like I am really regaining control over this part of my life.

Anyway, Happy Memorial Day! Remember what it's all about.

No comments: