Tuesday, July 24, 2007

12 miles--whew!

Well, my walking partner and I have walked for 12 miles this morning and I must admit that I am pretty tired now. We left at 5 am and walked till 9 am. We are definitely not pushing for speed, but only for endurance this time.

I really hurt when I finally finished. After some alleve and a hot shower, I was feeling much better in time to rush eldest son to his Asperger's behavioral therapy group session. While he was in the session, I took flyers to Scrapbooks, Invitations, and More in Peachtree City. It was the first time I had been there and it was amazing! It took my breath away with all of the beautiful embellishments and stickers. They also had loads and loads of stuff with guy themes. It's easy to find girly stuff, but some of us have little boys (not so little anymore).

Now, I really don't feel bad overall, but my feet are a tad sore and I am kind of stiff when I move in certain ways. I can definitely tell that I worked hard!

I also had my follow up appointment with the doctor yesterday. She recommended that I keep with the new antidepresant regimen and add a small, half dose of an diet pill in order to help kick my metabolism up a notch. So, today is the first day that I will have tried it. We'll see how it goes. If it goes well this month, I may be able to move up to a whole dose in a month or so. I'm holding my breath to see if it helps. I sure hope so.

Now, I just have to continue on with fundraising.

No comments: