Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Decoratively quilted blocks


Here are my quilt blocks sitting pretty on my ironing board. They haven't been trimmed yet, but they have all of the decorative stitching on them at this point.


and here is a close up of one of the blocks which shows colors and stitching so far. Today is the day when I have to start adding the additional stitching. So far, after hubby and I have talked (he has a great eye for color and balance), I think I will add a tan meander in each triangular piece on the blocks. That is 4 loose meanders per block. I will have to break out the free-motion foot and do a bit of practice. I get a knot in my stomach every time I think that I could actually mess this thing up after I have gotten so close to it being completed.
I will have to take lots of deep breaths to get through this part!

No comments: