Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ugh!

I have a funny feeling that this is the quilt project that will slowly get the best of me.

My sewing machine (that I bought specifically for the quilting features) does not free motion well. I have done some free motion in the past and I am well aware of how to move my hands in a gentle, consistent motion. However, my machine is sewing a little "jerky" or something and I am getting bizarre results.

I am really frustrated. Now, my bobbin tension seems to be out of whack, so I will have to remedy that before I can proceed.

This project is feeling more and more like a UFO in the making. 20 placemats anyone?

Quilting with materials you have on hand is only frugal if you can make it all come together, right? Otherwise, it is an extravagant waste of materials and time. My time.

I could cry.

No comments: