Saturday, April 17, 2010

Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt Along Block #4

Okay, it's block 4 of the Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt Along sitting on my ratty ironing board. I actually didn't notice how truly ratty my ironing board cover looked until I saw this photo enlarged a bit--Yuck!

I have enjoyed working on this. A single block at a time doesn't seem too very difficult, even if it is a tough block. I am debating on trying to pull enough stash fabrics together to make another one. I do have a jelly roll sitting around, but I am not really sure if I am ready to cut into it yet.

There is also a pinwheel quilt along at the blog P.S., I Quilt. I might start piddling on one of those just to see what happens.

Having quilts coming together (especially out of stash) can be very helpful at gift giving times! I can give great gifts without spending loads on overpriced consumer junk. I much prefer the handmade!

I also have my log cabin quilt in the frame (for over a week now) and I haven't had a chance or energy to put a single stitch into it. I hate when that happens, but the pollen has kicked my fanny this week.

No comments: