Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Not one, but two....

Sewing machines that are down at my house now.  My main machine is out of timing so that every time the needle goes down, it smashes into the bobbin assembly and breaks the needle.  This is not conducive to good quilting.  Sigh.

So, on I go to return to my old reliable standby sewing machine.  It worked along just lovely for about 10 minutes and then began making the most horrendous bird's nests on the back.  I have rethreaded and changed bobbins and changed adjustments, etc. and nothing corrects the problem.  

My main frustration is that I am in the middle of a baby quilt that is just starting to come together beautifully and I am so excited to get it finished and now I am stuck.  I can use my Mom's sewing machine later in the week, but I won't be able to do it at home when I can catch a few spare minutes here and there.  Sigh.

I could take them in and drop them off for a little check up with the tech at my LQS, but one session will cost half of the original price of the machine (both of them).  I know, I know, cheap, crappy machines, but they served their purpose for the time.  They allowed me to sew when I would normally not have been able to afford a machine to sew on.

So, again I find myself in a situation with very little spare cash in the budget and needing a good machine.  Maybe I will look for a used one with a little better quality level. 

Something to think about!

1 comment:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I wish I could share mine with you...