Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Foot woes

After being on my feet on Saturday, I spent Sunday and Monday cleaning fiendishly (muhahaha) around my own abode, which sorely needed the attention. I haven't been able to do very much at all since I developed my Morton's neuroma.

So, I have cleaned, scrubbed, cleaned, polished, cleaned, did I say cleaned?

Plus, my friend Karen is coming by on Tuesday to visit while on her way to Orlando to see family for Thanksgiving and I don't want her and her beautiful daughters to see my house the way it really is most days :-)

But, being on my feet has been difficult. I am up in the wee hours because my foot hurt so badly that I had to resort to taking a Vicodin to get the pain to let up (this was left over from when I broke my foot this last time). That helped quite a bit, but makes my stomach burn so that I can't lay down and sleep. Ugh.

Looks like I am eventually surgery bound. I just have to wait and see what will happen with the possibility of a school move. If we move over Christmas, surgery might not be a good idea then. We'll just have to see.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Jan, I have a neuroma as well. Mine's between my 2nd and 3rd toes and the nerve has settled into my 2nd toe joint and won't budge. We tried a cortisone shot first and that lasted for 2 months and I was in heaven with no pain. But it did return and I'm also going in for surgery sometime.

Have they tried a cortisone shot for you first? It really is worth the try if you can avoid surgery.

Hugs and I hope you'll feel better with that soon!