Sunday, August 9, 2009

And on it goes

Rental update: It's the 9th of August and we have received no rent and no communication. Figures, don't it? We did receive June's rent and half of July's. But, now it is time for August and the remainder of July.

Maybe I would feel differently if we ever received any communication from the renter.

But, this house is still mortgaged and has to be paid regardless. Especially during the summer (when I don't receive a paycheck) that it takes food out of my family's mouths and that just plain makes me MAD! I just don't get it. I am not sure that I would really want to.

But, if ever anyone has been glad for having a few skills to help save some money, it is me. I am waiting for the maypops to ripen and then the pears at my parent's house will do the same. I will have quite a few rosehips to dry for tea this year, maybe even enough to share some. I can crochet, knit, do a bit of crafty sewing (almost ready to attempt clothing), cook from scratch, bake, freeze, and can foods for storage.

I know how to keep my butt at home so I don't spend money. I know how to keep myself busy at home so that I don't get overly bored.

I can't imagine what I would do if I didn't have these skills. We might not make it through this economic downturn. Scary.

No comments: