Monday, August 24, 2009

Maybe I just don't understand

But I received a notice today that I need to appear in Magistrate Court this Thursday because my renter claims that she doesn't owe me any money because she paid me on this past Friday.

Would I not be aware if I had received a large sum of money that I have been waiting for (with baited breath)? Doesn't it make sense that if the renter claims that the bill is paid, that she would have actually had to make sure that hubby or I had actually received it?

Is it legal to claim to have paid something when you have not?

The only thing that I can imagine is that she showed the court a check or something and said she was bringing it to me and then didn't. Or maybe she paid the court and we have to appear in order to receive the check.

God only knows, but this is truly illogical and ridiculous.

No comments: