Friday, December 4, 2009

Patting myself on the back

Well, here it is. My mantle scarf is completed and on the mantle with Christmas candles, looking quite festive, if I do say so myself :-)The binding is a bit wonky, especially on the concave corners where I had to work in some extra length. I am admittedly not very good at binding. But, if you don't look at it terribly closely, you'd never notice it at all. I certainly wasn't thinking through the binding part of this little adventure when I decided that I wanted points to hang over the edge. Sheesh!

But, I am so pleased that it is finished. Now back to slowly moving along in hand tacking the tree skirt binding to the front. It's not terribly difficult work, but I surely hate how slowly it goes. I do not have my mother's gift of manual dexterity, that's for sure.

I wonder if I could work something out to apply binding with a glue stick--LOL!

No comments: