Thursday, December 31, 2009

A final blast from 2009

It's not even 12:30 am EST, and I have forgotten one thing from 2009 that I wanted to include in my blog. I had blogged earlier in December about a gift that I was making that I couldn't post photos of. Now, I can! This is a bird wallhanging that I made for my Audubon-volunteering hubby. It is from a printed panel, but is completely hand quilted! I had never done any serious hand quilting in my life, so it was truly a labor of love for the love of my life.
This is a close up of the back of the quilt. I had hoped to show off th quilting stitches, but they are really hard to see in this photo. But, I adore the gorgeous backing fabric!
Okay, I caught my own shadow in this photo. I am far from a professional photographer! But, this is a close up of one of the blocks, which are gorgeously detailed. You can kind of make out my grid pattern stitches. I used 1 inch painters tape placed approximately 3 inches apart on both directions. I fudged it a bit to make sure that tape crossed in the centers of the blocks and in the corners. Overall, I am very pleased with how this turned out and I am excited to do more hand quilting.

But, looking forward, I will create a section in my sidebar to post a list of projects completed in 2010. We'll see how that looks this time next year!



No comments: