Monday, April 2, 2007

Ouch!

Guess who did something totally STUPID??? You guessed it, your's truly.
In my quest for a smaller dress to wear to the school's prom, I decided that my tummy was a weak point in the shrinking process. So, I decided to start working my abs. HA!

I did the normal things a person would do for their abs (crunches, the bicycle, 6 inch leg lifts) and it didn't feel like it did many years ago (pre-children), so I assumed that I was not isolating the muscles effectively.

So, I kept going. I tried new exercises that I found on the internet. I went to bed discouraged and disgusted with myself. I woke up experiencing a new level of pain! Oops!

It is now 24 hours later and I am just now able to comfortably walk upright :-)
I will do a more reasonable amount of ab work today (I hope).

No comments: