Wednesday, October 24, 2007

More Christmas Stuff...

I have been working on more Christmas gifts recently. I need to work out for my health, but my crafts have taken over as my current stress relief. So far, I have made a lovely, royal blue prayer shawl as a surprise gift for a colleague who is dear to me. This is my second prayer shawl and I would like to make another one but I will have to see if I have time between now and Christmas. I had ordered cute little bracelets from a school fundraiser with the ten commandments on little charms around them for my nieces. I completed a cute little multi-colored hat and matching scarf for one niece. Now, I will have to make a set for the other niece. Can't figure out what colors yet, though. I'm trying to use up my stash for gifts as much as possible as I have created a storage nightmare for myself :-)

Next, I am trying a new design for a doggie sweater for my doggie which we share with my parents. She is such a sweet little baby, but she always acts like she is freezing to death. My first two attempts gave us a cute bandana and a sweater that won't stay on. So, this time, I am trying to knit it in the round with a knitting loom so that it will be extra stretchy, but fit pretty closely. I'm hoping that it will just be a matter of getting the arm holes in the right spot. I am modifying this off of a chihuahua pattern and making it longer through the torso for my little mini-doxie/terrier mix. Hopefully, this one will work. The nicest part is that I am not looking for perfection on this one. Next, I will have to go back to working on the gifts that must be fabulous looking.

I feel pretty psyched that I have some gifts ready to go and it's not even November yet. I made a set of nice slipper socks a while back that I can give to someone also. When I wasn't working, I did lots of canning fruits and veggies and could use those for gift baskets at Christmas. That did take a lot of pressure off during the actual Christmas season as the only thing that I had to do for the majority of our gifts was just assembling the baskets and making sure they looked cute. That was always easy-breezy!

on a different note, my oldest was out sick today. He seems to starting a mild head cold, but he gets so emotional about anything that feels out of the ordinary that I kept him home to keep him calm. Aspie's can get so overly emotional sometimes. I could have made him go to school, but I can pretty much guarantee that he wouldn't get any real work done and neither would I (I would spend my day trying to help deal with him). So, he has rested up and has a better shot of behaving tomorrow. Plus, I always have the ace in the hole: if you behave today, you can go home and spend the night with Granny and Grandpa. There is no better bribery than that!

Friday is our Fall Festival at work. It will be a long day, but we always manage to make a good time of it. Hard work, when accompanied by good friends and wicked senses of humor usually make for time to go a flyin'. Hopefully we will have a good turn out and lots of community support. I'll be helping with the silent auction primarily and that is usually a big hit.

No comments: