Tuesday, October 9, 2007

It's Official!

Okay, I have finally hit the big 4-0. I guess the good news is that I am way more bummed that the 3-day walk will go on without me. My pity party goes something like this: everyone will be having fun without me. Oh well.

But, I had a good day yesterday. I didn't take on anything major and we just took everything slow and easy. We did go out for dinner last night and it was lovely. Eddie and the boys got me an excellent set of crochet hooks so that I can continue my crafting fun.

I have finished the big blue blob for a Christmas gift. Plus, I have just finished a lovely baby afghan with 2 matching hats and 2 pairs of booties for the expected grandson of our former preacher. It's so sweet to work on baby stuff. This is the first grandchild for a family that had only daughters and no sons, so this is going to be one spoiled rotten baby! Of course, I have a really soft spot for baby boys...

The only really bad part is that I am going to have to really start cleaning and working hard around the house while I am on fall break to keep my mind off of the 3-day. Yuck! I'd rather be lazy...

No comments: