Thursday, February 18, 2010

More to share....

Wow! I can feel my hands today, but I can say that I officially have finished two more quilts!!!

I finished a second flannel baby quilt for baby Morgan (due in Spring) to go with the one I made for her first cousin Caia, who just arrived last Saturday. I had to borrow my Mom's industrial Singer sewing machine to finish Morgan's because my machine is just not digging going through lots of layers any longer. Sigh. But, I am grateful to have had access to a great machine while mine is slowly dying.

I also finished the Strawberry Pie quilt that was designed by Pat Wys of Silver Thimble Designs. Pat is also my teacher at the Silver Thimble Quilt Club in McDonough at A Scarlet Thread quilt shop. It is the first kit offerred to us through Silver Thimble. I changed out the backing to a bright yellow, but other than that, I stuck to the kit fabrics. It's just girly enough that the guys in my life won't try to take it over. I love it. I especially love the binding, the stripes remind me of Juicy Fruit Gum and the little stripe-y zebra that used to be in their ads when I was a kid. I can almost smell gum when I look at it! It's a hoot!!!

Right now, they are in the washer, getting the cat hair knocked off of them (giggle) and ready for a good fluffing in the dryer. The Strawberry Pie needs to lose the markings that I used for the quilting.

Can't wait to see them all soft and crinkly! I have rented a movie to watch tonight. You know the kind of movie you can't quilt along with--it has subtitles. I will just be forced to curl up in my comfy rocking chair with my new, gorgeous quilt and watch. Love that part!!!

No comments: