Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ooh Baby Baby!!!

Wow! Little synchronized baby quilts, swimming in the breeze!

I know that these photos aren't the clearest, but I loved the idea of hanging all 3 new baby quilt tops on the line when I finished piecing them this morning. The soft pink and vibrant yellow are so reminiscent of spring time! Love it!


I did learn that I have to be very careful about directional prints with this pattern. If I had re-oriented the fabrics to a more vertical arrangement, then I wouldn't have had enough to complete the quilt. If I had purchased more fabric, then I would have had left over scraps. One of the things I love about this pattern is that you have virtually no left over pieces, aside from selvedge edges.


But, on the whole, I think they are lovely. If I were to get my wish, these quilts would be lovey blankets to be drug all over the place and loved for their softness and not for my inability to get the prints to run in the correct direction!


Hopefully, I can complete two of them this afternoon for delivery at church on Wednesday. The third one doesn't have a designated home yet. Maybe I will find someone else expecting a little girl. Or it can go to Georgia Agape or Project Linus. We will see.



No comments: