Wednesday, June 27, 2007

False alarm on the chicken pox

The doctor said that the rash wasn't chicken pox, but from a virus that had been running rampant through kids in our area. Nothing serious, but that it would take about a week to get rid of the sore throat. So, we are past that hurdle and I am glad.

I have finally gotten some of the Injinji toe socks to protect my toes and keep them from rubbing together. It does seem to help some, although the affected toes are still sore from the initial injury, but it is getting better. Today, I put a blister shield on my little toe and then the toe socks and walked. It felt better, but it really hurt to pull off that blister shield. I trimmed my toenail way down to keep it from pulling when I pull off the tape, but I don't know if that will be enough. I may have to switch to wrapping the toe with something that won't stick so aggressively.

Then again, maybe it will toughen up again. I can hope.

I walked 3 miles with Dad yesteday and again this morning. Last night, I did 3 miles on the elliptical (it's easier on my toes). I have got to get my distance back, somehow, without tearing up my toes. Hmmm.

No comments: