Friday, June 22, 2007

Walking, blisters, and more

Well, I have been able to monopolize my friend Misty's time for mornings this week getting in lots of training miles. It's a hoot--truly social time. I enjoy it so much. Unfortunately, her husband is going to be off work for 2 weeks and he will walk with her instead. Bummer.

But, today I managed to walk 6 miles for the second time this week. It was really good except that I had a sore toe during the last 1/4 mile that we did. I thought I had a hot spot. Apparently, I was developing a huge blood blister on my little toe.

When I got home and took off my shoes my toe was swollen twice the size of normal and stained the color of blackberry juice. Nice. It hurts. So I have been taking it easy today. I guess I am back to my workout tapes (barefoot, thank goodness) or maybe my elliptical if I am super careful about my footwear. Oh well.

Tomorrow, I guess I will help to clean out the garage to set up a "real" photography studio. We have gotten a line on some lovely wedding dresses to put models in. It's really exciting!

No comments: