Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Big Dig...

No, I am not writing about the large tunnel project in Boston, MA. I am talking about attempting to regain a little control in my own home through "digging out" of the clutter mess that I (and family) have made over time.

Truth be told, I have a cute home and it is reasonably well decorated, but you can't see too much of it from the junk and clutter. Paper, in particular, tends to pile up horribly around here.

I have ulterior motives for this clean up, though. I will be on a walker and only partially mobile for a few days following my surgery to remove the Morton's neuroma. I want to be able to move around without fear of slipping on junk and falling down, making matters far worse.

Yes, I realize that it is pitiful that it has come to this to make me clean up my act. To my credit, I have definitely made some serious headway. I can see carpeting!!!

I also have tried to make very sure that I am keeping the laundry up so it won't be too horrible to keep up with . Today, I have done sheets and towels. Ahhh. Clean sheets.

I need to finish up in the kitchen (washing cabinets, counters, mopping) the bedroom (controlling the mess of craft supplies) and the master bathroom and then do a thorough vacuuming and then I think I will feel pretty good about life when people come to visit me.

The only major thing that I won't have had time to do is to shampoo my carpets and that definitely needs to be done. Maybe by the end of summer, I will feel up to doing that.

It won't be perfect, but it will be respectable. I just hope and pray that I can keep it up!

No comments: