Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sinus Infections and other aggravations

I have been so excited to get this Morton's Neuroma cut out of my left foot. For weeks, it has been the one thing that I have been clinging to as I grit my teeth and stay on my feet to finish up the school year.

Then I get a sinus infection on the very last day of school. After talking to a nurse friend of mine, I rush to the walk in clinic at my doctor's office and explain the situation (surgery coming up fast). They are terrific and give me a shot of antibiotic only (no steroids--in case that would mess up my pre-op tests) and a Z-pack and a nasal spray. They assure me that there is absolutely no way that these meds will mess up my surgery.

I call my orthopedist to explain what is going on and leave a detailed message.

They won't let me have surgery without waiting an extra week. Ugh! This does not make me happy. It's another week to wait (no pain killers) for surgery with a hurt foot. It's another week that I can't take glucosamine and chondroitin for my knees.

I keep telling myself that God is in control and that it will be allright after all. I guess it won't be too bad since I really have been able to keep off of my feet a bunch since I have been home (graduation was Saturday and my last official duty of the school year).

I guess that I just want it to be over and to be on the mend.

No comments: