Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Graduation--Class of 2009

It was a whole lot of hard work to make it happen, but Graduation was lovely and nice. Truly, it was a celebration of the students who have worked so hard to achieve their goals (and the parents who supported, and pushed, them along).

One of the cutest thing that I saw was the Juniors/Rising Seniors were so excited that they became "official" Seniors when the tassels moved across the mortar boards! I got tickled with them!

It was fun, but exhausting! On a selfish note, it was loads more work for some of the faculty and staff this year to have graduation in two parts, but now that it is over, I don't begrudge the kids a single minute. It would have been great to have more help, though. But, we live and learn and will make sure we have a few more folks next time.

Of course, I really can't complain about it at all as I didn't put as much time and effort into it as my friend, Misty, did. She was in charge of planning and executing it all. If I was tired and stressed, I am sure she felt it 100 fold.

But, it was lovely, truly lovely.

No comments: