Saturday, January 2, 2010

I'm only sedate on the outside...


I have got to admit. I love Penny Sturgis' purse patterns. The Mini Bow Tucks bag was fun to make, but a little small. This is the full sized bag and I love, love, love it! Vera Bradley ain't got nothin' on me--hehehehe. I love Vera's bags, but I certainly ain't paying for one. I have purchased knock offs in the past, but the patterns weren't the most dynamic, so... I decided to try and do some bags of my own. My friend, Laine got me off on this path, by sharing a pattern idea. But, I digress. Here is the calm, sophisticated bag.

And then, bam! Open the bag and get a technicolor jolt...

Yep. It's true. I can fake it every day, but the truth is, on the inside, I am a wild woman! Ha!
Really, I wanted something fun that would make me smile whenever I opened the purse and also something that my items would contrast against, so I would lose things in the bottom of a dark, shadowy bag. I think this fits the bill, don't you?

No comments: