Sunday, May 4, 2008

Crochet update

Amid all of the chaos that is life right now, I am making progress on the baby blanket front. I completed the two blankets for my colleagues pretty quickly. Then, hubby came home thrilled to report that a colleague of his just had twin grandsons and he'd like to send a gift. So, I mixed some light blue baby thread with the variegated that I have left over from the original blankets. The first one turned out beautifully and I am about half way through the second one. I just LOVE this pattern. It works up so quickly! Now, I want to try it out with pink and variegated, yellow and variegated, etc. Fun, fun, fun!

I also wondered if I couldn't make a mix of neutral colors and enlarge it into a couch throw or something. The texture might be really cool in the right yarns...

Ooh! A scarf--I just thought of that one!

Either way, inexpensive gifts that are mega-cute!

No comments: