Friday, December 5, 2008

Another week down...

And two more to go until Christmas break from school. We are getting a nice, long break this year and I have every intention of enjoying it!

It appears that we may be changing locations at our school over the break and the long break will be lovely in that we can do the hard work and still have family time. Family time is actually one of the reasons that this job works so well for us. I can work when my family is occupied with school and/or work and I am available to spend time with them when they are available also. Plus, Fridays are a great day to catch up so that the weekend runs smoother.

So, we are looking forward to the holidays and sitting of an evening, looking at our lovely Charlie Brown Christmas tree. It's definitely not anything that would grace the cover of a magazine, but it's filled with precious memories and homemade ornaments from the kiddos and it makes me feel all warm inside.

We've pared down our decorating so that it isn't cumbersome this year. No huge outdoor light scenes, etc. It was easy to put together and won't be a mess to pack back up. We're sticking to the essentials this year and so far, we've been the happier for it.

I have always been drawn to the idea of living more simply, but I have a way of over-thinking things and making them more complicated! But, this year, it seems like right in the middle of the Christmas season, I have accidentally wandered into a nice, simple solution. I like the way it feels. Now, the question is, can I bring this calmness into other areas of my life?

No comments: