Thursday, December 11, 2008

Countdown to Christmas

Seems like Christmas is coming up quickly this year. I have completed most of the crafty type items that I was making for gifts this year, so that is at least done. I am really excited about the afghans that I made for my nieces. I hope that they really like them.This one is for my 11 year old neice. She is very into the brown and blues color scheme.

This one is for my 7 year old niece. She is a girly-girl and ALL about the bling! Notice the fun fur mixed into it.

The last thing I have left is to make up and can some cranberry-pear conserve to add to gift baskets if I can squeeze it in. Love that stuff and it is absolutely gorgeous shiny red in color. Perfect for Christmas.

My cousin got married recently and has a new step-daughter, a really nice and sweet kid. I am trying to see if I can work up something fairly quickly for her, so all of the girls will get an afghan. I just wish I had known sooner to start work on it! Maybe I can come up with something nice. I am making large granny squares with unconventional color arrangements, hoping to come up with something modern and cool. I don't know her favorite colors yet, so I am hoping to get lucky!

Our decorating has been incredibly modest this year. We put up our little tree and the boys were really into helping with it this year. I can honestly say that I have enjoyed it more this year for some reason.Took the kids for their annual physical last Friday. Other than DS12 had to get 3 shots and had a hard time swallowing that, all was well and both boys are healthy. DS10 has asthma under control for now and took his one shot well (he was likely grateful to not have to get 3!). DS12 is now 5 feet 7 inches tall! Yikes! He's my big ol' boy. The pediatrician laughs that he was never actually on the typical growth chart, his growth curve hovering consistently way above the norm. DS10 is the opposite. 25th percentile for height, 10th percentile for weight. That never changes with him! It's funny sometimes how the kids can be so different, yet alike in so many ways. It's a hoot!

No comments: