Sunday, December 28, 2008

One last gift...

Since I am spending my days watching over my poor son who is hobbled, I was playing a bit with yarn. On another blog that I contribute to from time to time, the no end in sight ripple along, there was a really cute pair of hand and wrist warmers made with a simple ripple pattern.

The ripple is placed such that it perfectly fits the palm of the hand, rising where the palm rises, and falling off toward the thumb and pinky. After making so many blankets this year, I thought it might be fun to do something small and easy to finish. So, I pulled out some odd lots of yarn and started work.

The results? A striped pair for my mother who has arthritis in her hands. I have ulterior motives as I adore the embroidered pillow cases she gave me for Christmas (that I begged her to make for me for two years) and I want her to be able to work comfortably as long as possible. Unfortunately, I didn't think to take a picture of those. When I get one, I will post it.

When I made them, hubby decided that they would be lovely to have while birdwatching to keep his hands warm while leaving fingers free to work the ever-present binoculars. So, I pulled out (and detangled--ugh) a partial skein of old camouflage yarn (less manly than my pretty stripes) and the results were these:

No comments: