Sunday, April 12, 2009

A completed quilt top!

Woo hoo! I am one happy camper. I have gotten my quilting juju back! Of course, this was a kit that I put together, but I finished it in just a couple of days without having to rush or worry about it sitting around undone for very long while I go back to work tomorrow morning.

This is the center of the quilt without any borders added. The pale blue blends in with my bedroom curtains.

This is what the quilt top looks like with the borders added. Sorry I couldn't show it laid out flat, but you can get the idea at the bottom edge.

It really changes the look of the piece when the borders frame it out. It is almost large enough to be a generous bed sized quilt, but I want to add another border to make it a bit larger. I can't wait to be able to be able to get it completed and quilted!


This is a close up of the border and you can see the fabrics and colors a bit better in this one. In case you are wondering, the dowel pins you see to the right are from the indoor drying rack that I hung the quilt on so we could take the pictures.

No comments: