Friday, April 10, 2009

The quilt center is completed

I can't post any pictures until I recharge the battery on my camera. So, since that will entail finding out where it was last used, it may take a while.

I am very impressed, though, with the "Take 5" quilt pattern. It is exceptionally easy to put together. Despite user error with the sewing machine, I was able to get the vast majority of the quilt together and ironed.

Due to itchy, allergy eyes and just plain ol' tiredness, I decided not to try and cut out the borders until tomorrow so that they will have a better chance of being cut correctly. I do think, after laying the center portion out on the center of the bed, that I will need to add an additional border around the outside edge to ensure that it will fit generously. As much as I am chomping at the bit to be finished, I really want to do it up right so that I can really enjoy it when it is finished and not look at it and say, "I sure wish I had...."

Right now, I am waiting for some funds to continue with expanding the quilt top, purchasing batting and backing--and, oh yes, the lovely coordinating pillow case kits! My bed is going to be so fabulous!!!

No comments: