Friday, April 10, 2009

The quilt center is completed

I can't post any pictures until I recharge the battery on my camera. So, since that will entail finding out where it was last used, it may take a while.

I am very impressed, though, with the "Take 5" quilt pattern. It is exceptionally easy to put together. Despite user error with the sewing machine, I was able to get the vast majority of the quilt together and ironed.

Due to itchy, allergy eyes and just plain ol' tiredness, I decided not to try and cut out the borders until tomorrow so that they will have a better chance of being cut correctly. I do think, after laying the center portion out on the center of the bed, that I will need to add an additional border around the outside edge to ensure that it will fit generously. As much as I am chomping at the bit to be finished, I really want to do it up right so that I can really enjoy it when it is finished and not look at it and say, "I sure wish I had...."

Right now, I am waiting for some funds to continue with expanding the quilt top, purchasing batting and backing--and, oh yes, the lovely coordinating pillow case kits! My bed is going to be so fabulous!!!

1 comment:

madrekarin said...

Hi, Jan! Thanks for popping by A Thread of Red and leaving such a sweet comment. To answer your question about the quilt, I chose the red and cream and the border fabric (which isn't on it yet!) Karen and Harriet choose what colors to make the sample quilt up in and then we, the Scarlet Strippers and everyone else, are let loose with our imaginations to make the quilt our own. I do know that there were bolts of clover green, apricot, cocoa brown, polka dots,etc. being carried about the Satuday morning of strip club. So you know I cannot wait to see the completed tops!!
You should come join us! First Saturday of the month at 8:30 in teh morning, Trust me, it's worth getting up for!